Last Updated December 25, 2022
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Any company, individual user, or group of associated individual users or companies that uses the Site is a “User.”
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify the User (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Personal Data: We collect Personal Data when you access the Site, when you register on the Site to claim a school, request an online survey, or “Contact Us.” The Personal Data collected during these interactions may vary based on the extent of your interactions with the Site, but it will generally include your name, email, and certain information about your education.
Non-Identifying Information/Usernames: We also may collect other information, such as information regarding your use of the Site (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may aggregate information collected from users of the Site (“Users”).
Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information: Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Data if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining information with your name). But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Data with Non-Identifying Information, but NDU will treat the combined information as Personal Data.
Digital Audit Trail: As part of the Site, we collect information about a User’s activity within the Site. This feature is known as a “Digital Audit Trail.” Digital Audit Trails include automatically gathered information activity within the Site, such changes made to projects including timestamps, the User who made the change, the change itself, and Non-Identifying Information.
Testimonials: We may display personal testimonials on our Site, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us.
Personal Data We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We may from time to time have pages (“Social Media Pages”) on social media sites like Instagram, Medium, Twitter, or LinkedIn (“Social Media Sites”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Personal Data We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Site: When you visit, use, and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of visitors, peak hours of visits, which pages are visited, from which domains our visitors come (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), which browsers people use to access the Site (e.g., Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation patterns. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
Your Choices: On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Site;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with the Site;
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Site;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of the Site, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing: We may use your Personal Data to contact you with information about the Site. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each email we send you. If at any time you agree to receive emails from us, you will also be able to control the emails you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future communications, you may contact us.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, solely in the limited circumstances set forth below:
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. DATA RETENTION
5. UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Please contact us if you need to change or correct your Personal Data.
6. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS DISCLOSURES
Our Site is not directed to children who are under the age of 18. NDU does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Data to NDU through the Site, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Site at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Site or email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to us. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or third-party websites.
Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites in order to obtain personal or financial information. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Neurodivergent-U. For more information about phishing, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/how-recognize-and-avoid-phishing-scams. In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be NDU, please report it to us.
11. YOUR CHOICES
In certain circumstances providing Personal Data is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data that is needed to use some features of our Site, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to ask us to update or correct your Personal Data.